There comes a time in the life of each carpet when a vacuum cleaner can no longer restore its clean look. There are four main indicators that indicate that deeper cleaning is now required:
- if you feel the carpet clotted and sticky;
- if the carpet is no longer the same color as when you bought it;
- if there are dirty circles on the carpet on the legs of the chairs;
- or if dust comes out of the carpet when you walk on it.
If your rug corresponds to any of the above descriptions, then it is time to clean it up basically. If you do not have enough time and effort to do a thorough cleaning, you can call a professional.
Before you begin to clean the carpet, it is a good idea to test it for its color-fastness. Dampen a white cloth with cleaning solution and apply on some inconspicuous place. If the colors remain unchanged, it is probably safe to use the solution on the entire carpet.
Remove as much furniture as possible from the room and place a foil or plastic film under the feet of the other furniture to prevent stains. Carefully use a vacuum cleaner, then pre-treat the stain before applying shampoo.Follow the cleaning instructions printed on the carpet label. Click To Tweet
Do not push the carpet too much when you are using a vacuum cleaner.
Wipe away any residual cleaning solution and foam on the legs of furniture and woodwork immediately to prevent possible damage. Try not to walk on the carpet until it dries completely.
When your carpet is lightly burned, dirty, or changes its color, you can simply put a larger chair in place and forget about it. Or you can use one of the following methods to restore the original good appearance of your carpet:
- If removal of a spot has caused a change in the color of your carpet, try to color the faded surfaces with acrylic paint. If this does not work, try using a felt tip marker or a chemical marker in the appropriate color;
- To remove the traces of heavy furniture on the carpet, try steam. Keep the steam iron close enough to reach the steam at the carpet, but do not allow the iron to touch the fibers, especially if they are synthetic because they can melt. Lift the fibers with a coin or spoon;
- If any carpet thread is in poor condition, you can trim it carefully. If you try to pull it off, you risk unraveling part of the carpet;
- To repair the effects of burning, cut the damaged area and replace it with an identical size and shape patch;
- To repair a smaller burned area, cut the charred fibers and place glue in the place. Then put pieces of fiber from another, more inconspicuous part of the carpet.
If you follow the advice in this article, you have a real chance to keep your carpet for a long time. This is pretty good, considering how much it is worth replacing a carpet.
Don’t be sad if you feel difficult to do that. Visit this website to get some help about it and keep your smile 🙂